Aspen Moench Post OP

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Arriving At Primary Childrens at 6am for Surgery Sept 27, 2010

Mommy & Daddy woke me up at 5:30am!  I was dead tired...didn't even wake up for mommy to change my diaper.  But when daddy put me in my carseat to get in the car I opened my big blue eyes and flashed a great big smile to let Mommy & Daddy know everything was going to be alright.  Then I fell right back to sleep...

Waiting outside same day registration with daddy.  Mommy couldn't believe all the kids in the tiny little registration room at 6am.  We decided to wait outside by the elevators so I didn't get exposed to germies from all the little kids....I wanted it quiet to sleep anyways.

 Getting my vitals checked by the nurse before surgery while waiting for my Surgeon, Dr. Burke, to come talk to Mommy and Daddy to explain how they were gonna fix my heart.

 Hanging with Daddy before they got me ready for surgery...wow, I'm tired!  I haven't been awake this early in I don't know how long!


 Mommy and Nana Tana holding me in my hospital PJs that DROWNED me...only things that fit were my diaper and little pink footies.

Playing with my favorite dolly while mommy & daddy met and asked my Anesthesiologist, Dr. Clarke, lots of questions about the medicine they would give me in surgery to make me fall asleep so I would be asleep the whole time and not remember anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment